Saturday, April 6, 2013

Colorful bird costume = More Feathers on my Living Room Floor


I love feathers as much as the next girl. Who doesn't? Especially on a boa. Who is the genius who thought up that idea.... feathers on a string? That I can drape around just about anything? Stop it.

So my son came home this week with the perfect project for his momma. He had to make a colorful bird costume for his music program on Friday. Yesssss. I hit the jackpot of costume making. I've been known to make a pirate costume or two, even a Santa Claus. Neither of which involved feathers. This was going to be great.

My son decided early on that he wanted to be an Angry Bird, which was unacceptable by terms of the costume assignment. So he settled for black and red. Feathers, of course.

I love that my kid loves feathers as much as I do.
I basically started with a red shirt and started just wrapping the feather boa in a zig zag pattern on the front and back. For the wings, I safety pinned some left over DecoMesh to the shirt and then added feathers on the front and back (under his arms). And voila! We have us a colorful bird costume. For his beak/hair, I used an old ball cap. I glued the feather boa to the hat and added a yellow foam beak. It was perfect! 

He was ecstatic. Yes, this is his ecstatic face, not to be confused with his mad face.
He actually loved it!
The day of the program, he was so proud of his feathery bird costume. 
One proud bird momma!
Feathers!!!!! All of the costumes turned out wonderful!




0 comments:

Post a Comment