Monday, April 8, 2013

It's BASEBALL time in Texas!


'Tis no secret how much I love the Texas Rangers... I start to plan my Opening Day outfits somewhere in February when the pitchers and catchers leave for Spring Training. My entire household comes out of hibernation for baseball season. It's greatness.

Because of my ridiculously crafty nature, and how much I love rhinestones and glitter, I wanted to try my hand at painting these canvas shoes that everyone is doing. Of course Toms are the preferred shoe because they are durable canvas, come in a plethora of colors... oh, and Tom donates shoes to a needy child every time you buy a pair. 

{Side note: Have you heard about the campaign One Day without Shoes on April 16, 2013??? I'm doing it! You should, too!}


My sister bought a "clearance" pair of Texas Rangers painted Toms at Canton Trade Days for like five-hundred dollars (really like eighty, but still... eighty dollars?). When she showed me them, I thought, "I can do that!"

So I did.




Aren't they just adorable? Since this was my very first pair, I decided to go with a cheap pair of red canvas shoes from Wal-mart rather than a $50 pair of Toms for my first try. I was planning on messing up on this pair, but they turned out great! So I gave them to my awesome momma! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment